What is sustainability?

PavelG
What is sustainability?

Post by PavelG »

Many people nowadays are keen on sustainability but do they really know what it is?
Do they know what they are doing and how to do it effectively?
PavelG
Re: What is sustainability?

Post by PavelG »

I think that being sustainable is more than just thinking about it.
morris

Post by morris »

Absolutely! Long gone the days of whether it is a hoax or not. The science is very clear with 97% of scientist in agreement that the challenges we face today are a result of mankind's deliberate actions over past centuries. The imperative now for civilization is to thrive. If we think of sustainability as surviving or breakeven, living hand to mouth, thrivability is about flourishing, going beyond mere survival. Let's all direct our attention towards thrivability with providence and prosperity.
binuarora@gmail.com

Post by binuarora@gmail.com »

PavelG wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:46 am I think that being sustainable is more than just thinking about it.
True! It is imperative for each one of us to walk the talk now in order to reverse the damage and not to just sit and think that someone else will save the earth.
hannah

Post by hannah »

My interpretation on Sustainability is living in a particular way that could be repeated forever. Instead of diminishing resources, never to be used again, we are reusing resources in other ways so they have a shelf life of forever.